This position is responsible for overseeing the testing of software features as part of a collaborative team. This role is responsible for leading quality review of various applications and includes creating test plans and strategy, test cases in partnership with developers, business analysts and project managers which are used to shape and verify code and check conformance to system requirements. The role relies upon test automation and manual testing tools. The person is to assist in defining QA coding standards and frameworks, and for identifying emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to client’s business goals.
• Develop QA Processes and Procedures
• This can include preparing documents that outline testing processes-
• Generating use cases to ensure that testing captures the software or system’s functional requirements, and enacting test plans for new software products or updates to existing systems.
• The QA team lead also introduces and updates these processes in collaboration with their team and developers.
• Direct QA Teams
• QA team lead manage the day-to-day activities of QA team members, including scheduling and managing ongoing projects.
• Conduct employee training and evaluation and may provide support during the hiring and on boarding process.
• Assess current testing needs and schedules and determine staffing needs to effectively conduct the testing.
• Identify Bugs and Issues
• Following the processes and procedures that they developed and testing new and updated systems for bugs and other issues.
• Support compatibility testing, develop and utilize software to capture performance data, and evaluate individual aspects of the software or system including user interfaces and functional requirements.
• Maintain Documentation
• Maintain detailed documentation related to the software or system. These documents provide developers and engineers with vital information about software performance and issues and are used in future development work.
• QA documentation also ensures that systems are adequately tested and that all use cases are accounted for.
• Manage Testing Schedules
• Enact, and manage testing schedules, ensuring that the QA team meets expectations and deadlines.
• (These schedules tend to include specific elements of the software or system and frequently need to be completed before developers and engineers can continue with the next phase of development.
• Coordinate Bug Fixes with Development Teams
• Coordinate bug fixes and software enhancements with development and engineering teams.
• In some cases, the QA team lead may resolve some of these issues on their own and conduct further testing to ensure stability and usability, but more frequently they will report software and system issues to developers or engineers and test the next iteration of the software to ensure that those bugs have been eliminated.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Education & Qualifications & Experience • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related disciplines preferred, or equivalent work experience and technical training.
• 5+ years Relevant Technical Experience or Equivalent Experience
Job Requirement • Computer Science / Computer Engineering degree preferred.
• Knowledge of various testing types/techniques.
• 5+ Years of experience in the testing field.
• Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience,
• Good knowledge of cross browser testing and compatibility.
• Experience with testing native mobile applications and web applications.
• Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QC
• Good analyzing skills for business requirements.
• Good Knowledge of Automation Testing tools is a plus.
• Detail oriented, proactive, hard worker, ability to work under minimal supervision and team-player.
• Previous experience in payment is a plus
Competencies and skills • Having excellent communication skills.
• Must be self-driven and highly organized.
• Strong ability to effectively lead a team.
• Problem solving ability.
• Result oriented.