Years of experience:
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted since: 2 weeks ago
Facilitate the implementation of all programme activities at field level (budgeting, planning,
organizing and facilitating field activities including local procurements).
Facilitate communications between the PMU and other regional bodies and project partners (project
local committee, NGO’s, local associations, local service providers, etc.).
Facilitate the organizations of events, workshops, training, field days, communication and visibility
Support to build capacity of direct primary stakeholders through training, field days, establishment of
farmers’ field schools.
Support the PMU during the preparation of six-month implementation plan and budget (in
consultation with local stakeholders) and reporting to the Donor.
Support PMU in data collection and studies to be carried out at local level.
Support to establish the Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system and M&E operational plan at local
level including the identification of SMART indicators and carry out monthly monitoring field mission and field surveys.
Prepare monthly reports and timesheets.
Support during the preparation of minutes, field technical reports.
Carrying out any other duties and activities requested by the PMU staff
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Advanced University degree in Agriculture, Hydraulic Engineering. Other degrees may be accepted if supported by qualified professional experience in the sector of intervention.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience working in the field of infrastructures for agriculture, rural development, food security, irrigation in the framework of development
- Solid experience in food security, Good Agriculture Practices (GAPs), irrigation systems and
- Solid experience in design, calculations, computing, and supervision of works for hydraulic,
infrastructures, and water supply systems.
- Previous experience in effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, government,
donors, and implementing partners.
- Proficient in using computers including Microsoft Office programs, AutoCad software, spreadsheet,
email (outlook) and internet.